Right here is in the present day’s COVID-19 replace from the County Well being and Human Providers Company with information via Oct. 16.
- Beneath the state monitoring metrics, San Diego County stays in Tier 2, additionally known as the Purple Tier.
- San Diego’s state-calculated, adjusted case fee is 6.8 per 100,000 residents, up from 6.5 within the earlier evaluation. Restrict for Tier 2 is 7.0.
- The testing positivity share is 3.0%, down from 3.5% final week, putting it in Tier 3 or the Orange Tier.
- The state’s well being fairness metric seems to be on the testing positivity for areas with the bottom wholesome situations. This metric doesn’t transfer counties to extra restrictive tiers however is required to advance.
- The County’s well being fairness testing positivity share is 5.7, down from the 6.2 % reported Oct. 6.
- The California Division of Public Well being will assess counties on a weekly foundation, with the subsequent report scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 20.
Neighborhood Setting Outbreaks:
- Two new neighborhood outbreaks had been confirmed on Oct. 16, each in enterprise settings.
- Prior to now seven days (Oct. 10 via Oct. 16), 38 neighborhood outbreaks had been confirmed.
- The variety of neighborhood outbreaks stays above the set off of seven or extra in seven days.
- A neighborhood setting outbreak is outlined as three or extra COVID-19 circumstances in a setting and in individuals of various households over the previous 14 days.
- 19,423 assessments had been reported to the County on Oct. 16, and the share of latest laboratory-confirmed circumstances was 1%.
- The 14-day rolling common share of constructive circumstances is 2.7%. Goal is lower than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, day by day common of assessments is 10,236.
- Individuals with and with out signs who’re at increased threat for COVID-19 needs to be examined. Healthcare and important staff must also get a take a look at, in addition to individuals who had shut contact to a constructive case or stay in communities which are being extremely impacted.
- 201 new circumstances had been confirmed amongst San Diego County residents on Oct. 16. The area’s complete is now 51,982.
- 3,752 or 7.2% of circumstances have required hospitalization via Oct. 16.
- 869 or 1.7% of all circumstances and 23.16% of hospitalized circumstances needed to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- Three new COVID-19 deaths had been reported in San Diego County on Oct. 16. The area’s complete is now 853.
- Three males died between Aug. 26 and Oct. 16, and their ages ranged from early 30s to mid-80s.
- Two of the three had underlying medical situations.
The extra detailed information summaries discovered on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com web site can be up to date round 5 p.m. in the present day.