Razorpay has entered the unicorn membership after elevating $100 Mn this week
Zomato has raised INR 380 Cr or $52 Mn from US-based Kora Investments
Almost $251.5 Mn was invested throughout 22 Indian startups this week
We deliver to you the newest version of Funding Galore: Indian Startup Funding Of The Week!
Bengaluru-based funds gateway Razorpay is the newest entrant in India’s unicorn membership with its newest $100 Mn funding spherical led by Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC and current investor Sequoia India. Ribbit Capital, Tiger World, Y Combinator and Matrix Companions additionally participated on this spherical.
Razorpay is the fifth Indian fintech agency to attain ‘unicorn’ standing after on-line cost gateway BillDesk, Retail cost firm Pine Labs, Flipkart-owned PhonePe and insurtech startup PolicyBazaar. Razorpay was based by Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur in 2014 and counts Airtel, BookMyShow, IRCTC, Aditya Birla Capital, and NSE as its shoppers.
Total, practically $251.5 Mn was invested throughout 22 Indian startups this week. (This funding report relies on startups that disclosed funding quantities).
Indian Startup Funding Of The Week
- Razorpay: $100 Mn
- Zomato: $52 Mn
- Finova Capital: $35 Mn
- Ninjacart: $30 Mn
- Wow! Momo: $8.9 Mn
- Avataar.me: $7 Mn
- Pepper Content material: $4.2 Mn
- Miko: $3.1 Mn
- Fleetx.io: $3.1 Mn
- CredR: $2 Mn
- GoodGamer: $1.8 Mn
- InnAccel Applied sciences: $1.5 Mn
- TREAD: $1.1 Mn
- TeaMonk: $885K
- CreatorOS: $500K
- ReNEWate: $272K
- Anveshan: $149K
- Harmonizer India: Undisclosed
- Tango Eye: Undisclosed
- Gourmand Backyard: Undisclosed
- RACEnergy: Undisclosed
- Uncommon Planet: Undisclosed
- Zomato: Meals aggregator enterprise Zomato has raised INR 380 Cr or $52 Mn from US-based Kora Investments. With this, Zomato has braised $220 Mn from buyers like Tiger World, Temasek and Kora. Zomato’s valuation has been pegged at $3 Bn with this spherical.
- Finova Capital: Jaipur-based Non-Banking Monetary Firm (NBFC) Finova Capital is elevating round $35 Mn (INR 260 Cr) from current buyers Sequoia Capital India (SCI) Development Investments and Faering Capital.
- Ninjacart: Ecommerce market Flipkart and US-based retail large Walmart, which can also be the mother or father firm of Flipkart, has made its second funding of $30 Mn in contemporary produce provide chain startup Ninjacart.
- Avatar.me: Bengaluru-based deeptech startup Avataar.me has raised $7 Mn from Sequoia Capital India. The corporate’s 3D and Augmented Actuality software program helps enterprise prospects create immersive procuring experiences for end-users.
- Miko: Robotics startup Miko has raised $3.1 Mn (INR 23 Cr) in a Pre-Collection B spherical led by Stride Ventures. Current buyers together with Chiratae Ventures, YourNest Enterprise Capital and a bunch of angel buyers, led by former Nasscom chairman Keshav Murugesh, participated within the spherical.
- Fleetx.io: Synthetic intelligence (AI)-driven logistics startup Fleetx.io has raised $3.1 Mn in Pre-Collection B funding from current buyers Singapore-based BEENEXT and India Quotient. The corporate had raised $2.8 Mn in Collection A spherical earlier in February.
- Pepper Content material: Mumbai-based content material market Pepper Content material has raised $4.2 Mn in Collection A funding spherical led by Lightspeed India to increase its presence into Southeast Asia and enter newer content material classes like video and audio. A number of outstanding angel buyers throughout India and Silicon Valley additionally participated on this spherical.
- CredR: Mumbai-based used bikes market CredR has raised $2 Mn (INR 14.7 Cr) from Eight Roads Investments and ON Mauritius. CredR is a market for second-hand bikes and scooters.
- GoodGamer: Each day fantasy sports activities and Esports app GoodGamer has introduced that it has raised $1.8 Mn in seed spherical. The corporate has additionally managed to file 250K registered customers inside the first month of its launch.
- InnAccel Applied sciences: InnAccel Applied sciences has raised $1.5 Mn in Collection B spherical led by Mount Judi Ventures. It would use the funds to commercialize its merchandise in India and different rising markets.
- THREAD: Bengaluru-based on-line health startup TREAD has raised $1.1 million in its Pre-Seed spherical from a clutch of angel buyers and VC corporations. Higher Capital, Whiteboard Capital, FirstCheque and Stanford Angel additionally participated within the spherical.
- Uncommon Planet has raised an undisclosed quantity in its Pre-Collection A spherical led by Uni-M Ventures, together with the participated of a number of angel buyers.
Extra Funding From The Indian Startup Ecosystem
- Bengaluru-based premium tea model TeaMonk has raised $885K (INR 6.5 Cr) in Pre-Collection A spherical led by Inflection Level Ventures with participation from Sarcha Ventures and Lead Angels.
- Influencer platform CreatorOS (previously referred to as Socionity) has bagged $500K in funding from angels Phanindra Sama, Gaurav Munjal, Kalyan Krishnamurthy, Sujeet Kumar, Vidit Aatrey, Vivekananda Hallekere and Alvin Tse.
- Deeptech startup ReNEWate bagged $272K in Pre -Seed Funding from Higher Capital. It would use this funding to increase its product choices, speed up development and additional improvement on expertise and enhance end-to-end workflow.
- Bengaluru-based foodtech startup Anveshan has raised $149K (INR 1.12 Cr) within the pre-seed funding spherical led by Titan Capital to concentrate on increasing its provide chain and operations throughout India.
- Delhi-based eyewear startup Lenskart has invested in an AI-powered software program firm Tango Eye. Apart from Lenskart, Silicon Valley-based seed funding platform RiSo Capital Fund and Aroa Ventures’ Gaurav Gulati additionally participated on this spherical.
- Bengaluru based mostly fruit and veggies model Gourmand Backyard has raised an undisclosed Pre-Collection A funding from Incubate Fund India and Whiteboard Capital.
- RACEnergy has raised an undisclosed quantity from current buyers, growX ventures and current angels.
Different Developments Of The Week
- Tata Group is trying to purchase a 20% stake in on-line groceries unicorn BigBasket to meet up with different conglomerates like Reliance and Amazon. This partnership with BigBasket may assist Tata to bolster its digital arsenal.
- New York-based product accelerator WeKan plans to incubate and fund about 18-20 startups within the ‘future of labor’ house in India. The agency will likely be investing a ticket dimension of $250K in B2B improvement instruments reminiscent of Low or No-Code, DevOps/Infrastructure Instruments, API Administration, and Software program Testing instrument.
- Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma has doubled his funding within the debut fund of other asset administration agency Roots Ventures.
- Rajan Nanda Innovation Lab has chosen 5 startups in agritech, railtech and infratech via its Inter-Faculty Innovation Problem IC2 to fund, incubate and mentor. All chosen ideas would obtain a seed funding from Escorts.
- Predictive upkeep options Ecolibrium Vitality has obtained stakeholders’ approval to lift $816K (INR 6 Cr) in Collection B.
window.fbAsyncInit = operate()
appId : ‘220194138351091’,
xfbml : true,
model : ‘v2.10’
(operate(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = “https://join.fb.web/en_US/sdk.js”;
(doc, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));!operate(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=operate()n.callMethod?
var aepc_pixel = “pixel_id”:”862840770475518″,”consumer”:,”enable_advanced_events”:”sure”,”fire_delay”:”0″,
aepc_pixel_args = ,
aepc_extend_args = operate( args )
if ( typeof args === “https://information.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/undefined” )
args = ;
for(var key in aepc_pixel_args)
args[key] = aepc_pixel_args[key];
// Prolong args
if ( ‘sure’ === aepc_pixel.enable_advanced_events )
aepc_pixel_args.language = navigator.language;
if ( doc.referrer.indexOf( doc.area ) < 0 )
aepc_pixel_args.referrer = doc.referrer;
fbq('init', '862840770475518', aepc_pixel.consumer);
fbq('observe', "PageView", aepc_pixel_args);
, aepc_pixel.fire_delay * 1000 );