Ontario well being officers are reporting a giant drop in new confirmed COVID-19 circumstances in Ottawa.
In Wednesday’s epidemiologic report, the province reported 39 circumstances of COVID-19, the bottom quantity to date in October, decrease than the 54 circumstances reported on Oct. 11.
Nonetheless, in its every day COVID-19 dashboard replace, Ottawa Public Well being issued a revised determine of 45 new circumstances, nonetheless the bottom to date in October, however barely increased than what the province reported.
The brand new circumstances in Ottawa are amongst 721 new circumstances reported throughout Ontario, with a majority within the Toronto, York, and Peel areas.
In accordance with Ottawa Public Well being, there have been 5,707 whole laboratory-confirmed circumstances of COVID-19 in Ottawa because the pandemic started.
No new deaths have been reported on Wednesday. The demise toll from COVID-19 in Ottawa stands at 297 residents.
No new hospitalizations have been reported on Wednesday, however the quantity stays at its highest degree since mid-Could.
OPH says there are 48 individuals in hospital with COVID-19 issues and 10 individuals in intensive care.
Of the individuals at present within the hospital, 10 are 90 years outdated or older (1 in ICU), 5 are of their 80s (1 in ICU), 14 are of their 70s (3 in ICU), 11 are of their 60s (4 in ICU), six are of their 50s (1 ICU), and two are of their 40s.
New monitoring figures from OPH present 99 per cent of acute hospital beds are occupied throughout the hospital system as of Oct. 12, down from 101 per cent on Oct. 7. Forty-four per cent if ICU beds are occupied and 16 per cent of ICU ventilator beds are occupied.
Ontario carried out 32,206 exams previously 24 hours. The provincial backlog is 26,558, a slight enhance over the backlog of 24,420 reported on Tuesday.
The Ottawa COVID-19 testing job power supplied an replace on testing figures for Oct. 12, together with the backlog of exams remaining in Ottawa.
The duty power mentioned 1,436 swabs have been taken at testing amenities in Ottawa on Oct. 12 and native labs processed 2,128 exams. A backlog of 324 exams stays as of Oct. 12.
ACTIVE CASES OF COVID-19 IN OTTAWA
The variety of identified energetic circumstances of COVID-19 in Ottawa dropped on Wednesday pushed by a lot of new recoveries and an general low variety of new infections.
OPH says it’s conscious of 769 energetic circumstances of COVID-19 at present in Ottawa, down from 839 in Tuesday’s report.
115 extra individuals have recovered from COVID-19, bringing the town’s restoration charge to 4,641 circumstances because the pandemic started.
The variety of energetic circumstances is the variety of whole laboratory-confirmed circumstances minus the numbers of resolved circumstances and deaths. A case is taken into account resolved 14 days after identified symptom onset or optimistic check outcome.
CASES OF COVID-19 IN OTTAWA BY AGE CATEGORY
Here’s a breakdown of all identified COVID-19 circumstances in Ottawa by age class:
- 0-9 years outdated: 3 new circumstances (359 circumstances whole)
- 10-19 years-old: 6 new circumstances (579 circumstances whole)
- 20-29 years-old: 9 new circumstances (1,259 circumstances whole)
- 30-39 years-old: 6 new circumstances (773 circumstances whole)
- 40-49 years-old: 7 new circumstances (724 circumstances whole)
- 50-59 years-old: 7 new circumstances (648 circumstances whole)
- 60-69-years-old: 2 new circumstances (452 circumstances whole)
- 70-79 years-old: 2 new circumstances (299 circumstances whole)
- 80-89 years-old: 3 new circumstances (362 circumstances whole)
- 90+ years outdated: 1 new case (249 circumstances whole)
The ages of three circumstances are nonetheless unknown.
Ottawa Public Well being is reporting COVID-19 outbreaks at 73 establishments in Ottawa, together with long-term care properties, retirement properties, daycares, hospitals and colleges.
Three further colleges have been positioned in outbreak standing: École élémentaire Catholique Saint-Joseph-d’Orléans, St. Jerome Catholic College, and St. Joseph Excessive College.
The outbreak at Garneau highschool has ended.
There are three energetic neighborhood outbreaks at unidentified workplaces.
The colleges and childcare areas at present experiencing outbreaks are:
- Abraar Elementary College
- Grownup Excessive College ESL Childcare Program
- Andrew Fleck Youngsters’s Companies – 2020-10-05
- Andrew Fleck Youngsters’s Companies – 2020-10-06
- Andrew Fleck Youngsters’s Companies – 2020-10-07
- Andrew Fleck Youngsters’s Companies – 2020-10-12
- Centre parascholaire Alpha
- Youngsters’s Village of Ottawa Carleton (4)
- Dalhousie Dad and mom Daycare
- École élémentaire Catholique Horizon-Jeunesse
- École élémentaire Catholique Sainte-Kateri
- École élémentaire Catholique Sainte-Marie
- École élémentaire Catholique Saint-Joseph-d’Orléans (NEW)
- École élémentaire publique Seraphin Marion
- École publique Le Transit Le CAP
- École secondaire Catholique Franco-Cité
- École secondaire publique Louis-Riel
- Garderie Tunney’s Daycare
- La Coccinelle – Reine Des Bois
- Matreshka Little one Care Centre (NEW)
- Service A L’Enfance Aladin, St-Anne
- St. Jerome Catholic College (NEW)
- St. Joseph Excessive College (NEW)
- St. Luke College
The long-term care properties, retirement properties, hospitals, and different areas at present experiencing outbreaks are:
- Affiliation pour intégration sociale d’Ottawa – 2
- Affiliation pour intégration sociale d’Ottawa – 3
- Affiliation pour intégration sociale d’Ottawa – 4
- Affiliation pour intégration sociale d’Ottawa – 5
- Affiliation pour intégration sociale d’Ottawa – 6
- Bairn Croft Residential Companies – Oct. 5
- Bairn Croft Residential Companies – French Hill Residence
- Bridlewood Trails
- Carlingview Manor
- Centre d’accueil Champlain
- Christian Horizons 9
- Cité Parkway Retirement Residence
- Colonel By retirement house
- Edinburgh Retirement Residence
- Emergency Housing West
- Extendicare Medex
- Extendicare New Orchard Lodge
- Fairfield Retirement Residence
- Forest Hill (NEW)
- Garry J. Armstrong
- Governor’s Stroll (NEW)
- Jardin Royal Backyard (NEW)
- Laurier Manor
- Longfields Manor
- Madonna Care Neighborhood
- Manoir Marochel
- Montfort Hospital “3e Santé Psychological”
- Montfort Hospital “4C Med”
- New Edinburgh Sq. Chartwell
- The Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus ER
- Perley Rideau Veterans’ Well being Centre – Gatineau Constructing
- Peter D. Clark
- Prince of Wales Manor
- Promenade Retirement Residence
- The Ravines retirement house
- Rideau Place
- Rooming Home
- Royal Ottawa Place long-term care house
- Sisters of Charity retirement house
- St. Patrick’s Residence
- St. Vincent Hospital 5 North
- Tamir Basis
- Waterford Retirement Neighborhood
- Welcome Residence Residence
- West Finish Villa
- Westwood Constructing 1 retirement house
- Wildpine Retirement Residence (NEW)
- Windsor Park retirement house
A single laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 in a resident or employees member of a long-term care house, retirement house or shelter triggers an outbreak response, in line with Ottawa Public Well being. In childcare settings, a single confirmed, symptomatic case in a employees member, house daycare supplier, or little one triggers an outbreak.
Beneath provincial pointers, a COVID-19 outbreak in a faculty is outlined as two or extra lab-confirmed COVID-19 circumstances in college students and/or employees in a faculty with an epidemiological hyperlink, inside a 14-day interval, the place at the least one case may have moderately acquired their an infection within the faculty (together with transportation and earlier than or after faculty care).